Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

It just somehow seemed fitting on Good Friday to make a sympathy card. There is a sadness to this day. As I think about the price that was paid for the sin that I do, my heart weeps. But I am so grateful.

The different shades of black are from a challenge at CAS - colours and sketches. They seemed appropriate.



I used a watercolor wash of black, basic gray, and smokey slate for the background, then stamped in Stazon black and smokey slate. The butterfly is punched out of basic gray. Even though it is gray, it represents the hope of the resurrection that Sunday will bring! And what a hope!

I'm also entering this at The Friday Mashup, who have a sketch/ombre challenge.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your Good Friday mourning turns into Resurrection dancing!


5 comments:

  1. Nice job with both of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful CAS creation in monochrome. Really like the soft and pretty design,perfect for the occasion Thanks for playing along at C&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is very beautiful. I love the stamps you used. It is the perfect sympathy card!

    Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job!! I love the simplicity of the black and gray!! Thanks for playing with The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete