Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lunch Box Notes

My youngest daughter loves to write notes to put in her dad's lunches. She writes them with a sharpie on his sandwhich and snack bags. It's a nice way to let him know she's thinking about him, and I'm sure he enjoys it. I used to do it before I had kids, but when they came I barely had time to pack a lunch for him, let alone put a note in. It just fell by the wayside as they grew older, so I'm glad she's doing it.


The other day, while I was browsing through Pinterest, I came upon a cute idea for lunch box notes over at Simply Stamped using Papertrey Ink product.  I don't have any of their stuff, although my wishlist is very long, so I tried to think of a way to do something similar. Here is what I came up with.

photo by Bekah Joan

I don't have their nice die, but I do have a cuttlebug scorer that I snagged at a yard sale, so I cut a bunch of cardstock and scored it at the top. I then had a great time going through all my stamps to see what kind of notes I could come up with. I bundled them all together and put them in a little notebook that you can tear them out of and drop in someone's lunch box.  This is one of the sets I made that I'll be selling at the craft show. I have two others that I'll post later. 

It was a lot of fun making these up. Almost makes me wish my kids were in school so I could drop them in their lunches. Maybe I'll try putting one in my hubby's.

Thanks for stopping by.

Brenda

1 comment: