Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thanks

Well, the holidays are over, and it's back to normal here. As normal as it will ever be! I hope everyone had a wonderful time of celebrating. It was good to get together with friends (both old and new) to bring in the new year. I wonder what adventures it will bring?

 It's snowy and cold outside, but it's nice and toasty warm in my craft room. So I spent the morning up there making thank you cards. There are some people I would like to thank for their thoughtfulness over the holidays. In all the bustle of the season, they remembered it was my first without my dad, and they showed their love to me. So as I start my thank yous, they are the first I want to remember.


One of my personal challenges for the year is to use all my stamp sets. If I don't use them, then I need to let them go. I don't know if I'll be able to do it or not! I am such a pack rat! I went looking through my old sets and came upon a SU one that I like.  So this set is safe from the sale pile! I used the kissing technique on the butterfly.

There is a new challenge starting up called Colour Me...! They have a monochromatic theme that I wanted to try. I love the colour they chose! It looks like it will be a great challenge and I look forward to seeing what they will be doing. I also used the sketch for Mojo Monday, which is always a great place for inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Blessed New Year!




                  






8 comments:

  1. I love your card...I am very fond of butterflies, so this reached out to me! the color is sure pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda so happy you found us! Lovely job with our challenge, butterflies are just my favourite!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute butterflies, you really nailed the monochromatic look! Thanks for joining us the week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Brenda! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, fabulous job with the colour challenge this week! The kissing technique is wonderful on your monochromatic card. So glad that you joined us at Colour Me...! for our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card - love the generational stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I likes the variation of colors on the butterflies. Makes it look like an old-fashioned etymology sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! Love the monochromatic blues.

    ReplyDelete